Make-Ups and Cancellations
Coastal Swim Academy Absence and Makeup Policy
Consistency is crucial to not only the learning process, but also the retention of those learned skills. Bringing your child for every lesson will increase the rate of progress and retention of skills.
If you miss your scheduled lesson for any reason due to illness, vacation, etc., you may reschedule 2 lesson(s) per month within 60 days of absence. For example, if you swim 2x per week and miss classes the entire week, you are eligible for 2 makeup lessons that month. You must schedule your makeup within 60 days or you will lose the makeup class option. In addition, you have the opportunity to reschedule additional absences within 30 days of the absence for a $5 fee per reschedule. Any lessons cancelled due to pool closures, instructor illness, inclement weather or an emergency will be rescheduled. Credits are not given for a child’s absence, including vacations, illness, nor is credit given if Coastal Swim Academy must be closed due to weather events, national emergencies, or any other events beyond our control.
Absences and reschedules:
- Two lessons can be rescheduled per month within 60 days of the absence.
- Additional absences can be rescheduled for a $5.00 fee.
- Rescheduled lessons are scheduled through the front office.
- Absences may not be credited to the next month’s tuition.
- Rescheduled lessons cannot be replaced. We DO NOT reschedule a rescheduled lesson.
- Eligible make-ups are valid while you are enrolled. All unused make-ups expire when you withdraw and are not carried over upon re-enrollment.
- We do not guarantee the same teacher, time or student ratio for group lesson makeups.
- Special makeup classes may be created as needed.
Prolonged Absences and Family Holidays
If you know in advance that your child will miss a number of lessons, or if your child will be out for an extended time due to illness or vacation, we recommend that you suspend your lessons. The remaining balance will be held on your Coastal Swim Academy account for 6 months. If this 6-month period occurs during the Winter Break, it will be extended to 12 months. No refunds will be issued. If you suspend your lessons for any reason, we cannot guarantee the same swim schedule or instructor when you are ready to return. We will do our best to accommodate you; however, some instructors and certain hours are difficult to get.