Make-Ups and Cancellations
Coastal Swim Academy Absence and Makeup Policy
Consistency is crucial to not only the learning process, but also the retention of those learned skills. Bringing your child for every lesson will increase the rate of progress and retention of skills.
Any lessons canceled due to pool closures, inclement weather, or an emergency will be rescheduled or credited to your account. If you miss your regularly scheduled group lesson for any reason (illness, injury, vacation, etc.), you may reschedule the lesson within 30 days of the absence. There is a limit of 1 lesson per month to reschedule without a fee. You may reschedule additional makeup classes within 30 days for a $10 fee per class. Credits are not given for a child’s absence, including vacations, injury, or illness.
Private lessons may be made up if a 24-hour notice of the absence is provided. Make-up classes for private lessons cannot be guaranteed and must be scheduled through the aquatics directors.
Absences and reschedules:
- One lesson can be rescheduled per month within 30 days of the absence.
- Additional absences can be rescheduled for a $10.00 fee per class.
- Absences may not be credited towards the next month’s tuition.
- Eligible make-ups are valid while you are enrolled. All unused make-ups expire when you withdraw and are not carried over upon re-enrollment.
- We do not guarantee the same teacher, time or student ratio for group lesson makeups.
Prolonged Absences and Family Holidays
If you know in advance that your child will miss a number of lessons, or if your child will be out for an extended time due to illness or vacation, we recommend that you suspend your lessons. The remaining balance will be held on your Coastal Swim Academy account for 6 months. If this 6-month period occurs during the Winter Break, it will be extended to 12 months. No refunds will be issued. If you suspend your lessons for any reason, we cannot guarantee the same swim schedule or instructor when you are ready to return. We will do our best to accommodate you; however, some instructors and certain hours are difficult to get.